The Port of Blyth is the port operating division of Blyth Harbour Commission, an independent statutory trust established in 1882 and operated for the benefit of stakeholders. Such stakeholders include all port users, employees, the local community and wider sub-region.
All surpluses are re-invested into improving the facilities and services offered by the Port and maximising benefits to stakeholders as a whole.
A board of seven Commissioners oversees the strategy of the Port and itís subsidiaries meeting with the executive management on at least a bi-monthly basis. Other regular meetings are held with stakeholder groups including port users and the wider community.